2018 Nominations Now Open!
Greensburg Central Catholic's Distinguished Centurion Awards are intended to honor individuals that have made significant contributions to his/her community, workplace or our school and provide a positive model for our students today. The awards serve to bring honor to the school community and advance the mission of the school.
1) Distinguished Centurion: Service Award—This award recognizes an alum who demonstrates strong Catholic values and a commitment to faith, family and community.
2) Distinguished Centurion: Achievement Award—This award recognizes an alum for their outstanding professional achievements and community involvement.
3) Distinguished Centurion: Young Alum Award—This award recognizes an alum under the age of 40 that has demonstrated the value of their Greensburg Central Catholic education through their post-college professional and/or service achievements.
4) Distinguished Centurion: Community Award—This award recognizes a Greensburg Central Catholic alum or non-alum who has positively impacted the Central community through the devotion of time, efforts and/or talents.
Nominees must exemplify faith, values and humility as shown by the official mascot of Greensburg Central Catholic, the Centurion. (Refer to: Matthew: 8, 5-10, 13 and Mark: 15, 37-39)
Each category has a separate nomination form. Click below to download the nomination form.
Service Award: Click here to download the Service Award application
Achievement Award: Click here to download the Achievement Award application
Young Alum Award: Click here to download the Young Alum Award application
Community Award: Click here to download the Community Award application
1) Make a nomination. Nominations are open to the public. Nomination forms (found above) are due by Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
2) Nominees will be informed of their nomination soon after being nominated. Nominees will be asked to complete an application form to be used in the review process. Application forms will be emailed directly to the nominee and are due by Friday, November 10, 2017.
3) A selection committee comprised of various GCC constituents will review all applications for each category. All applications will be reviewed blindly.
For additional information on the Distinguished Centurion Awards, please click here.
Awardees will be announced on or around Friday, December 8, 2017.
Awardees will be honored at our Annual Auction on the evening of Friday, February 23, 2018 at Stratigos Banquet Center in North Huntingdon. We invite you to join us for this night of fun with family and friends!
Questions can be directed to Mallory Reese, Director of Advancement, at
email@example.com or 724-834-0310 x 201.