2019 Distinguished Centurion Awards
Greensburg Central Catholic's Distinguished Centurion Awards are intended to honor individuals that have made significant contributions to his/her community, workplace or our school and provide a positive model for our students today. The awards serve to bring honor to the school community and advance the mission of the school.
Nominations will be accepted for individuals in the following categories:
1) Distinguished Centurion: Service Award—This award recognizes an alum who
demonstrates strong Catholic values and a commitment to faith, family and community.
2) Distinguished Centurion: Achievement Award—This award recognizes an alum
for their outstanding professional achievements and community involvement.
3) Distinguished Centurion: Young Alum Award—This award recognizes an alum
under the age of 40 that has demonstrated the value of their Greensburg Central Catholic education through their post-college professional and/or service achievements.
4) Distinguished Centurion: Community Award—This award recognizes a Greensburg Central Catholic alum or non-alum
who has positively impacted the Central community through the devotion of time, efforts and/or talents.
Nominees must exemplify faith, values, and humility as shown by the official mascot of Greensburg Central Catholic, the Centurion. (Refer to: Matthew: 8, 5-10, 13 and Mark: 15, 37-39)
An alum needs only to be nominated once to be considered for the award. Having multiple individuals nominate the same alum will not have an effect on the process.
Note: An individual may only receive the recognition of "Distinguished Centurion" once. Previous winners are not eligible.
1) Nominations—Nominate a GCC alum by completing a nomination form. Nominations are open to the public.
Nomination forms are due by Tuesday November 20, 2018 and can be found online at www.gcchs.org under the "Alumni" tab.
Nominations will be accepted in the following ways:
· Complete a paper copy and mail to:
Greensburg Central Catholic
911 Armory Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601
· Email Dennis Cremonese at Dcremonese@gcchs.org.
2) Applications—Nominees will be contacted by the Advancement Office soon after a nomination is made. Nominees are required to complete their own application form to be used for review.
Application forms are due by Wednesday, December 19, 2018 and will be directly emailed to the nominee.
3) Review/Selection Committee—Once all applications are received, the selection committee will blindly review the applications.
Awardees will be notified by Friday, January 11, 2019. All awards will be presented at GCC's annual Auction on the evening of Friday, February 22, 2019 at Stratigo's Banquet Center in North Huntingdon, PA. Awardees must be in attendance at this event.
Distinguished Centurion Eligibility and Selection Process CLICK HERE
Distinguished Centurion Nomination Form CLICK HERE
Coming soon. . .
Tickets are on Sale!
Coming soon. . .